Soups are one thing I do like to make with squash and I was thinking of trying to recreate my bacon squash soup. I made it about five years ago in Lillooet.
- Bake any winter squash - I prefer the flavour of baked because of the caramelizing of the sugars.
- Fry up bacon - a fair amount, for a large squash I used about a pound of bacon
- Take out the fried bacon
- Fry some onion and garlic in the bacon fat.
- Put everything into a food processor with some stock and puree
- Add salt and pepper as needed.
It is a great simple but hearty soup.