Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Veggie Gardening

I put in part of veggie garden over the weekend. It feels odd to be doing it so early, I spent years in the interior and early May was the earliest I was out there planting.

I put in two long rows of scarlet runner beans, some spinach, dill, long white radishes and mixed lettuce. I will be doing more this coming weekend, specifically I am going to planting peas in some areas that are not doing well at the moment.

I would like to turn a lot of the verge into garden beds, but the soil is simply dead. It is full of rocks and has limited amounts of the humus I want to see. I suspect it will be a several year project to take them over and get something thriving there.

The Victoria Compost Education Centre will be having their annual plant sale on May 15th, well worth attending.

No comments: