A Transition Victoria Food Group Networking Event / Panel Discussion:
This will be an opportunity to network with others in Food Security, to learn about and get involved with Transition Food Group Projects, Upcoming Events and Happening .
The panel discussion theme is: "What steps can we take to be food secure?"
- What are the actions to increase food security short, medium and long run that we can take?
- How can we connect the groups and organizations actively promoting food security and connect to them?
- What public policies do we need to support greater food security?
- Carolyn Herriot, The Garden Path
- Philippe Lucas, City of Victoria Councillor, and Victoria Downtown Public Market Society (VDPMS)
- Gabe Epstein, Gorge Tillicum Urban Farmers (GTUF)
- Linda Geggie, Capital Region Food and Agriculture Initiative Roundtable (CR-Fair)
Moderator: Anthony Sanna, VIVA-Raw and Ambrosia Conference and Events Centre.
Admission by donation. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Panel discussion starts at 7:15 p.m. Come early to network. Refreshments will be provided. Limited seating.
To volunteer or offer your assistance in the planning of this event, please contact Food Group Coordinator Linda Chan at 250 380 6383 or email@example.com
Please feel free to offer suggestions on the types of activities and topics etc that you would like the Food Group to do in the future.