Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Amazing Coffee at Parsonage Cafe

My friend Aaron and I went for a coffee during the election.  Aaron suggested Parsonage Cafe which is one I tend to forget about but I know Aaron is a total foodie guy and knows his coffee.  He also knows Ben Cram who runs the place.

I was dead tired and just told Ben to make me something interesting and he suggested coffee made with the Aeropress.  Watch the video on how they brewed my cup of coffee.



I was impressed with the cup of coffee that I got out of this method.   They weigh the coffee and water that goes into the press, it is this attention to detail that ensures a great coffee every time.

It really highlighted the fruity notes of the coffee.  Ben took some time to talk with us about coffee, the Parsonage is attached to the Fernwood Coffee Company.   I learned more from him in a matter of minutes than I had learned in the previous decade.   I like coffees with a fruity element to them.  Ben explained that this comes from how the coffee is initially dried, if it is dried with the cherry still attached and this is done in the open air leads to a much fruitier coffee. When you look at their coffee listings you can see they tell you how the beans were processed.

They have some other interesting brewing methods, but I will leave that for another time.

I also had the bagel with cream cheese and lox and it was very good and had a stellar presentation.  I can recommend this cafe for the food as well as the coffee.

 Here is Aaron's interview with Ben from a year ago

  Parsonage Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: