Monday, February 14, 2011

Baan Do's Stirfry in Duncan

The other day we were up in Duncan and were looking for a place to eat. Using the Urbanspoon app on my phone I came up with Baan Do's Stirfry.   The place got many good reviews so we felt comfortable choosing it, we have rarely had a problem with highly rated restaurants on Urbanspoon.   This makes what I have to say even harder than normal.

Our meal there was less than acceptable.   I had a Mexican stir fry which was actually very spicy, on the limits of what I like.   This was not the problem for me, my issue was the flavours were not at all Mexican. I know it was my own fault for ordering a cross cultural dish.     The prawns in my dish were also rubbery, clearly overcooked.  The rice was also overcooked, we were having a late lunch and it could have been due to it sitting around ready for too long a period.

Sheila was not any more impressed with her meal.    I will leave it to her to talk about it.

I do not know if this was an off day or if standards are really low in Duncan.  I hope it was an off day.

Baan Do's Stirfry in Duncan on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must have been an off day! Their food is usually cooked perfectly! Next time, if you give them another chance, try the sesame chicken on noodles, or the War Won Ton soup, delish!!! I also love the Peanut sauce. One of my fav spots and I am very very picky!

Anonymous said...

Love the pineapple curry chicken on noodles!

Anonymous said...

Love the pineapple curry chicken on noodles!

Anonymous said...

I have never had a bad experience at Baan Do's. The food is fresh, healthy and cooked perfectly. Feeling a little offended about the comment: 'perhaps standards in Duncan are low'.

Bernard said...

When it comes to standards on Urbanspoon, I find is varies dramatically between towns. Victoria and Vancouver are good examples. I 75% rating in Vancouver tends to be a good restaurant whereas in Victoria it is not likely worth going to.

I got a bad meal, there are only two reasons that could be. The restaurant had a bad day or the local public excepts low quality food. I have no way of knowing which is true