Thursday, February 19, 2009

Making Pasta

A few weeks back I bought some durum flour at the Real Canadian Warehouse store in Esquimalt - 10kg for $13. I did this because "real" pasta" is made with it. So does it make a difference? Yes!

The pasta we are making now is firmer and easier to work. The texture of the cooked noodles is much nicer, it can get that perfect al dente texture one wants in pasta. The flour is just slighty coarser than I expected, but this helps sauce hold.

The recipe I use is one egg to one cup of flour and tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt - water then added in the mixing as needed.

Making your pasta is so easy and quick that I am not sure why everyone is not doing it. My eight year old Stephen can do it.

Of course the eggs are from the Harriet Road flock

No comments: