Monday, May 16, 2011

Where did the spring go?

The straw mulch is being overwhelmed
by some weeds
I had meant to get a lot more of veggie garden into the ground and even expand it by the start of May, but low and behold we are half way through the month and I still have very little in the ground.

I have managed to plant some rhubarb and two red currants, but the walking onions, a blueberry and another red currant are not yet in the ground.

I may have some lettuce and spinach, but I have not sown the second set yet.

I do not have my peas and beans in the ground yet.

I have prepared about 60 seedling pots but only have about 15 filled.

Radishes, Spinach and Lettuce
I wanted to have a new bed for some tall sunflowers, it is still not underway.

I do not have the time to get it all done!!!!!


I really wanted this year to the year in which most of my produce from June 1st to October 15th would come from my garden

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog