Friday, May 7, 2010

Solomon Siegel is back serving cocktails - now at Veneto

OK, so it seems we will have to go back to Veneto to check out the work of Solomon Siegel,  I found this ad in this week's Monday Magazine.

I have issues with Veneto because the name and the style of food they claim make not sense in connection with the food they serve.  The food was decent enough, but I had some issues with it as well.  I suspect it would be worth checking out again as it could very well have matured.   I know, I have a very picky standard when it comes to fine dining.  They also suffered as I went to Poppy in Seattle almost at the same time.

Solomon Siegel operated Solomon's at the location of the Herald Street Cafe.  It was a cocktail bar done right, done really right.   He closed it done, I suspect because this town really is not ready for upscale dining and drinks.   We are after all a provincial town ;-)

He introduced us to Fentiman's tonic water.  They also do ginger beer, cola, lemonade and more and are very much worth finding and drinking..

Veneto on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Solomon Siegel said...

I hope to have a whole new cocktail menu up in about a month. The coffee program for the cafe will soon have Discovery coffee, and a Syneso espresso machine. The beer program is off to a great start as well we now have both Brooklyn Lager and Rogue Dead guy on tap!
AND Simon Ogden from Voya in Vancouver starts as my new head bartender next week.
Oh it will be fun.
Thanks for your support
Solomon

Anonymous said...

Simon is a rockstar! One of the best!

RH

Solomon said...

Our new cocktail list, beer list coffee and tea are all up and running! Have you been by? What do you think?
Solomon