Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bon Rouge Bistro


View Larger Map

Last night we went to Bon Rouge Bistro, we had been there in August with some friends and liked it especially the ability to sit outside on their enclosed terrace. I am sure they have other good food, but both times I have ordered the Steak Frites, the classic bistro dish.   My steak was cooked exactely as I wanted and the frites were hot, crispy and tasted of potatoes.  

It was a Tuesday night so the place was not full but it was also not deserted.   The ambiance in the restaurant is comfortable and reminds me of basic bistros I have eaten at in Paris.

I had the Andalusian prawns for a starter, nicely cooked and well flavoured.   My desert was a raspberry cheesecake, once again well done but in this case it was not really what I wanted.   I had some indecision and ended up choosing desert almost at random.

In the end for three courses and one drink for two people we came away having spent $83 with tip.

So can I do better at home?  No, with very hard work and everything going right I might be able replicate the dinner but not without a lot of work.


Bon Rouge Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments: