I last ate at Dunlop house in 1989 when I was a Uvictim. I remember the food was good and interesting, but this was 21 years ago - Victoria was not a foodie place at all and I was only 24 and had not been introduced to much food in my life. I have meant to go back for ages, but the limited openings simply means I keep forgetting.
This fall and winter their menu is as follows:
- Soup du Jour - Our Student Chefs selection of the Day
- Local Greens - Artichoke Hearts, Crispy Okanagan Apples, Sweet Baby Tomatoes, White Balsamic and Mustard Vinaigrette
- Seafood Cakes - Red Onion Compote, Lemon Aioli
- Benedictine Blue Cheese and Sweet Onion Tart Balsamic Reduction, Green Apple and Grapes
- Cowichan Bay Farms Chicken Confit Veloute of Leek, Onion and Truffle Goats Cheese Potatoes
- Smoked Pork Tenderloin - House Smoked Filet of Pork, Seasonal Veggies, Red Currant Demi
- Halibut Nicoise - Filet of Halibut, Grilled Fennel Nicoise, Baby Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus Cream Sauce
- Chef's Special Creation - Our student "Chef of the Week" presents their personal selection in every changing variety. Please allow for a greater amount of time for a quality preparation.
- Vanilla Bean Brulee - Pure Vanilla Decadence, One Spoonful at a Time
- Lemon and Lime Tartlet with Hazelnut Biscotto
- Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate - In Ever Changing Variations. Please Consult your Server for Today's Selection.
Reservations are recommended.
As I understand it, the food gets better over the year - this is being done by students and they are learning.
Anyone interested in joining in a week or two and go check it out? Drop me a line through a comment on this page. If there is interest, I will book a table.