I know that the homemade kibble looks a bit like one bit brownies, but when you see and feel them, they are quite different.
|Louie sitting on the stairs watching the world outside|
Here is the recipe:
- 5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 cups brewer's yeast
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup skim milk powder
- 9 cups stock
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut better
- 3 cups of pureed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Set the oven to 400 degrees
- Steam and puree the veggies with about 1 cup of the stock - I use a lot of soy beans for the protein
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Mix all the wet ingredients
- Pour wet into the dry and mix till a smooth pancake batter consistency
- Pour the mixture onto cookies sheets covered in baking paper - keep you depth to 1/4 - 3/8s of an inch.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes
- Pull out the cookie sheets and let cool
- Take out of cookie sheets using the baking paper to lift it and turn over onto a cutting board.
- Cut the slab into thin long strips and return these strips to the oven and back for a second time for about 20-30 minutes, you are looking something that has the consistency of a biscotti.
- Take out of oven and let cool and then cut into chunks.